Tom O'Neill III has been a Peoria County Board member since 1993. He served as Chairman from 2008-2014. Tom has served on the Transportation, Executive, Judicial, Economic Development, Land Use, and Facilities committees. He has also been a member of the Peoria-Pekin Urban Area Transportation Study (PPUATS) Policy Committee, the Regional Pollution Control Committee, and Chaired the Board of Local Improvements Committee.
Tom is a graduate of Spalding Institute and successfully completed the electrical apprenticeship program through the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local #34. From 1984-2014 Tom worked for the City of Peoria Public Works Department as a signal electrician, retiring as the lead signal electrician.
Peoria County Committee Assignments
• Health, Public Safety, and Justice (Vice-Chair)
• Land Use and Infrastructure
• Budget Sub-Committee
• Executive Committee
• Board of Local Improvements (Chair)
• Regional Pollution Control
• Knights of Columbus since 1973
• St. Anthony's Church High School Youth Group Director / Parrish Board of Directors
• Limestone Youth Basketball and Baseball League Coach / Board of Directors