Scott Sorrel was appointed Peoria County Administrator in May 2015. His professional career at Peoria County has included serving as Deputy Director of Planning and Zoning for five years and as Assistant to the County Administrator for nine years before his most recent Assistant County Administrator position, where he served for three years. Scott has also served as Interim Budget Director, Chief Financial Officer, Information Technology Services Director, and County Administrator during extended absences for each of these top management positions.
Scott earned his Master of Public Administration from the University of Nebraaks - Omaha in 2017. He graduated from Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Community and Regional Planningin 1993, with a minor in English.
• National Association of County Administrators (Board of Directors)
• Illinois Association of County Administrators (Member / President 2007-2009)
• Illinois Association of Municipal Management Assistants (Member / President 2013-2014)
• International City/County Management Association (Member)
• Heart of Illinois United Way
• Pillars Society (Board of Directors 2014-2017)
• Campaign for a Walkable West Bluff (Charter Member)
• Peoria Public School District 150 Foundation (Golf Outing Committee)
• Peoria Soccer Club (Coach)