Michael “Doc” Holliday, Sr. was elected to the Madison County Board District 8 in 1998, and is currently on the following committees: Information Systems, Personnel, Finance, and Chairman of the Health Committee. He graduated from Alton High School in 1961; and upon graduation, joined the Navy, finishing his tour of duty in January 1965. After returning to Alton, he was hired at Olin Corp. where he worked for 39½ years, becoming the first black machinist. Michael is a Deacon at Good News Baptist Church, in St. Louis, Missouri. He and his wife Priscilla have been married for over 40 years, and have two children.
Madison County Committee Assignments
• Executive Committee
• Government Relations
• Health Department, Chair
• NAACP (Past Vice President)
• Illinois Department of Public Health Association
• National Association of County Officials (NACo)
• National Assciation of Black County Officials
• National Association of Public Health
• Coalition of Concerned Citizens of Alton
• 100 Black Men of Alton Inc.
• American Legion Post 354
• Otter Creek Historical Society
• Behavioral Health Inc. (Board President)