In 2010, Jim Marlo made the decision to run for the office of Williamson County Commissioner and was elected in the fall of 2011. Jim was born and raised in Herrin, Illinois. He is a graduate of Herrin High School and received his Bachelor’s Degree from Southern Illinois University Carbondale. In 1989, Jim moved to Marion and started his own business, Southern Dental Laboratory. He and his wife, Janice, a school teacher in Marion, have been married for 31 years, and have two grown children.
• Marion Chamber of Commerce
• Williamson County Farm Bureau
• Illinois State Rifle Association
• National Rifle Association
• Marion Youth Baseball/Softball Association