THE NEW STANDARD IN DEVELOPING TODAY'S
January 13, 2023 • Springfield, Illinois 62702
The Professional Leadership training sessions consist of core topics that will help educate first-time elected officials as well as seasoned officials, on the basic functions they need to know in their roles as public leaders. The Professional Leadership training provides an opportunity for Illinois county officials to increase their knowledge and understanding of county government, especially as it relates to legal, ethical and employment responsibilities.
• Ethical Considerations for County Boards – Amber Samuelson, Ancel Glink, P.C.
• Parliamentary Procedure – Steven Mahrt, Ancel Glink, P.C.
• Open Meeting Act (OMA) Compliance – Andrew Keyt, Hey Royster
• Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Compliance – Brian Vayr, Heyl Royster
HUMAN RESOURCE (HR) PRESENTATIONS
• Current Laws and Best Practices in Five Critical Areas – Dave Ryan, Rogers HR Consulting
– Hiring Practices and Handbooks
– Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
– Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
– Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
– Affirmative Action Policy (AAP)
– Personnel Record Retention
• Inside the Courthouse
• Insight Research Brief - Open Meetings Act (OMA)
• Insight Research Brief – Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Copyright © 2023 by presenting firms. No part of these presentations may be copied or reproduced in any form without written permission from the publishers.