Mark Armstrong, CIAO, has been Kane County Supervisor of Assessments since 2006. Prior to taking office, he spent 21 years in the private sector as a real estate appraiser. Mark has valued all tpes of real propertyin multiple states. The principal focus of his practice was litigation support, where he has provided expert testimony in local, state, and federal proceedings. He is both a Certified Illinis Assessing Officer and an Illinois Certified General Real Estate Appraiser. In 2018, Mark was presented with the Marshall Theroux Memorial Award, named for the late Wheeling Township Assessor, in recognition of high ethical standards, professional achievement, and dedication to the service of others.
Mark has served as the legislative chairman for the County Assessment Officers Association of Illinois since 2011, and legislative chairman for the Illinois Association of County Officials since 2017. In that role, he has testified before both chambers of the Illinois legislature and authored several bills that have become law.
• Illinois Property Assessment Institute (Instructor and Course Developer)
Continuing Education Seminars (Instructor)
• Illinois Municipal League
• Illinois Farm Bureau
• Illinois Department of Revenue
• Illinois Government Finance Officers Association
• Various Bar Associations
• City of Saint Charles (Chair / Volunteer Boards and Commissions)
• Baker Memorial United Methodist Church